Like for any game of chance, there is no real "slots strategy" to learn. There are only some simple rules and if you follow them you will give yourself the better opportunity of winning and having fun while playing slots.
1. Before inserting the coin, take a moment to read all the posted material on a slot machine. You should understand all information concerning the number of coins to insert, winning combinations of symbols, payouts or awards, because the most important skill to playing slots is machine identification. Intelligent player always look for the best slot opportunities possible.
2. If you play progressive slots, always play the maximum number of coins. The return percentages on progressives are usually lower than on standard machines and the only reason to play a progressive is to win the jackpot and to win the jackpot a player must play full coin.
3. There is some truth that the higher the denomination, the better the payback. But if you can't afford to play the maximum amount of coins, you shouldn't be playing that denomination of machine. If dollar slots are too rich for your bankroll, find a quarter machine.
4. Slow down your play. The faster you play, the better it is for the casino; the slower you play, the better it is for you.
5. Playing Slots, set a loss limit on your bankroll for each gaming session and don't exceed that limit. Discipline yourself and stick to it.
6. If you are a regular player, join the slot club. The members of the club are preferred customers and may be given rewards such as cash back, food and room comps, discounted shows, presents and prizes to the significant percentage of their loses on the slot machines.
So it may be wise to stay with only one casino and do all of your gaming at the same place.
7. Never underestimate luck, It is the biggest factor when you play any game of chance. There are many different theories amongst slot players to explain what causes the playing result. They are Slot Machine Myths.
8. When you hit a large jackpot, take the money and run! At least, put most of it aside and play within your bankroll.
9. Before you walk away from a machine, don't forget to press the cash-out button. Many gamblers forget their winnings or stored credits.
We hope these simple advises will help you to have gambling fun.
And one more: deciding which type of slot machine to play have a look at video poker. Even poor play on a video poker machine will have a better payback than most slot machines.