by Larry Edell
Craps is suddenly enjoying a new found popularity in casinos due to a number of different factors - the main one being the crackdown on blackjack professionals. A lot of people are turning to the craps tables and finding that their wins there, plus the easy availability of comps, make craps the perfect game to play! Here are seven reasons why craps should be YOUR game -
1. The player controls the game. You can ask for the same (or different) dice, set them in any way you want to before shooting, bargain with the dealers for better odds than advertised, ask for the table limit to be suspended, and make unadvertised "call" bets! Where else can you have this much fun?
2. Many of the bets have a casino advantage of under 2%. Some of the more popular bets are pass line with maximum odds, don't pass with maximum odds, come bet with maximum odds, and don't come bet with maximum odds. If you play at a 100X odds table, the casino advantage here is only .02% or less! Where else can you find a better deal than that?
3. You can increase your money by 900% in just two rolls. Try it! Bet just one lowly dollar on the two or twelve. If it wins you get $30! Let the $30 ride and if it wins you get $900! You've turned $1 into $900 in less than a minute! It's highly unlikely, but where else can you possibly win this kind of money in such a short amount of time?
4. You can make money just by riding along with a good shooter. Look for someone who makes small $5 bets while other people are shooting, but increases his bets to $25 (or more) when he is the shooter. Maybe he has a craps table at home and practices, or maybe he is a psychic, who knows. But when he bets, you should bet the same way he does. When he wins, you will also! Where else can you make money using someone else's talents?
5. You get a lot of comps playing craps. Buy in with a large amount and make a big first bet. Also play at a casino that gives you credit for your spread instead of your individual bets. You can end up with a FREE room, a FREE show and FREE meals! Where else can you get so much FREE stuff?
6. There are long, profitable streaks in craps. A shooter can hold the dice for an hour, and everyone at the table cleans up. Once you learn how to recognize these streaks by charting the tables, you can hang on and be betting black chips before you know it! Where else can you get this mix of pure excitement plus constantly increasing profits?
7. Craps is a people-oriented game. You can talk to the gamblers next to you, and the dealers as well. Ask them how the table is going. Talk to everyone. Ask if they're good shooters. Try to notice if there are any don't bettors and how they're doing, especially if you're a don't bettor yourself. Where else can you make friends and money at the same time?
Craps is a wonderful, exciting, profitable game for any casino-goer. Are you are tired of the hassles and changing rules at the blackjack tables? Are you tired of getting no profits and no comps at roulette? Maybe you should give craps a try! It gives you real player control, the possibility of very high profits, a very low casino edge, the ability to ride along with someone else's skills, lots of easy to get comps, occasional long money making streaks, and the ability to determine how the table is going by talking to the other players! Where else can you find a better game than that?
You can get a FREE issue of THE CRAPSHOOTER NEWSLETTER (a $7 value) just by sending two first class stamps to The Crapshooter, Dept. INT, PO Box 421440, San Diego CA 92142, or you can subscribe at www.TheCrapShooter.com. You'll also receive a FREE catalog and a special FREE offer!