The Interactive Gaming Council is a nonprofit organization, which mission is to "establish fair and responsible trade guidelines and practices that enhance consumer confidence in interactive gaming products and services, and to serve as the industry's public policy advocate and information clearinghouse".
Originally it was founded in 1996 in the US, then in March 2000 was relocated to Canada.
Among the members of Interactive Gaming Council there are casinos, software vendors and casino portals from the U.S., the U.K., South Africa, Israel, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, Denmark and Sweden
The Interactive Gaming Council has a very high reputation for reliability, integrity and credibility through its high standards, and appeal to legitimate businesses.
Code of Conduct
The Interactive Gaming Council (ICG) has established a Code of Conduct for its members:
- 1. Regulatory Compliance:
- Any IGC member is operating under the authority and within the scope of the license from a sovereign jurisdiction
- 2. Accountability:
- The hardware and software of a member of IGC is available for inspection and review by any legitimate gaming commission or governmental authority or to any independent testing authority recognized by the IGC.
- 3. Consumer Privacy and Data Protection:
- Each IGC member protects data and the system from internal and external breaches to ensure the customer privacy and confidentiality
- 4. Truth in Advertising:
- IGC member makes available to the public only accurate information about their operations, registration procedures and payout percentages
- 5. Dispute Resolution and Audit Trails:
- IGC member keeps detailed transaction records for prompt and efficient dispute resolution and audit by any legitimate gaming commission or government authority.
- 6. Limiting Access by Minors:
- IGC member implements procedures to prohibit access by minors and to control access by compulsive gamblers.
- 7. Controlling Compulsive Gambling:
- IGC member has adequate procedures to identify and curtail compulsive gambling.
- 8. Banking and Transaction Processing.
- IGC member conducts their banking and financial affairs in accordance with generally accepted standards of internationally recognized banking institutions.
- 9. Prize Payouts:
- IGC member pays winnings and account balances promptly on demand.
Seal of Approval
Each IGC member committed to the IGC Code of Conduct has the IGC Seal of Approval. You can always check if the casino is listed on the public list of members as published on the IGC website.