Last updated: Mar 06, 2007
Played with one deck consisting of standard deck of 52 cards plus one Joker, where Joker is only for completing Straight or Flush, otherwise it counts as an Ace.
The object of the game is to make 2 poker hands using 7 cards. Player wins if only both player's hands beat the dealer's.
Playing Pai Gow Poker
- Player places a wager.
- Seven cards are dealt to player (face up) and dealer (face down).
- A player sets seven cards in two hands - one of 5 cards (High Hand) and one of two cards (Low Hand)*
- Both hands are compared to dealer's hands.
- Player wins if both the High hand and the Low Hand outrank the dealers hand.
- Dealer wins any copied hand
- If a Player wins one hand and lose the other hand, the game is a Push. Player bet is returned.
- Every time a player wins a hand he/she is paid even money less a 5% commission.
*5 card hand must rank higher than the 2 card hand
Poker hand ranking in Pai Gow Poker
Pai Gow Poker is played with a deck of 52 Cards plus Joker where Joker is not a wild card, and can only be used to complete a straight, flush, or straight flush, otherwise it is treated as an Ace.
The standard Poker Hand Ranking used, the only exception is that the highest hand is Four Aces + Joker, the next is Royal Flush
Read also about Pi Gow poker strategy.
Play for Free
- Play Pai Gow Poker - free, flash, no downloading.
Pai Gow Poker Online
When playing Bonus Pai Gow Poker, you can choose to have the cards automatically arranged according to the House Way rules or manually arrange your cards.