Basic Strategy: A playing system that provides the long-run, optimal way to play, based on the players cards and the dealers exposed cards.
Hole Card: Any face down card. The definition most often refers to the dealer's single face down card however.
Hard Hand: A hand in which any Ace is counted as a 1 and not as an 11, or a hand without an Ace. Example: If your hand consists of an Ace, 7, and a 9, you have a hard 17.
Soft Hand: A hand in which any Ace is counted as an 11 and not as a 1. Example: If your hand consists of an Ace and a 6, you have a soft 17.
Stand: To decline another card.
Hit: To request another card.
Bust: When a hand's value exceeds 21....a losing hand.
Push: A tie between the player and the dealer.
- American Hole Card Game
- Variation of the game where the Dealer checks for a Blackjack when he is dealt a 10 or an Ace. If the Dealer has a Blackjack, the game is over
- Blackjack ia a hand wich contains an Ace and a card with a value of 10.
- The face value on the cards, Ace, King, Queen, Jack and from 2 to 10.
- Double Down
- Player doubles his bet and receives one additional card to the hand.
- Double Down Rescue
- Player can surrender half of his bet after Doubling Down.
- This is a side bet against the possibility of the Dealer getting Blackjack.
- Early Surrender
- A player may surrender before the dealer checks for a blackjack
- Standard Deck
- Consist of 52 playing cards, from 2 to Aces
- Late Surrender
- A player may surrender after the dealer checks for a blackjack (Dealer does not have blackjack)
- Depending on certain rules a player can Split two cards with the same Denomination or Value. (in some games only with the same Denomination) Player's hand is divided into two separate hands and a bet equal to your original bet is placed on the second hand. Then a new card is dealt to each hand and these hands are played as normal.
- Give up half your original bet amount for the privilege of not playing out a hand.
- The Numerical value of a card. Jack, Queen and King have the value of 10. The Ace card has a value of either 1 or 11.